Companions to Triops
At MyTriops we're often asked what makes for a good companion for a Triops in their tank. This is indeed an interesting and challenging question as any other aquatic creatures must be suitable for living in a small frshwater tank within certain temperatures and water conditions.
The obvious first choice is a type of fish, and yes we'll cover these animals but first I'd like to cover some not so obvious animals.
- Snails - The Golden Apple Snail or the Nerite Snails are ideal.
- Shrimps - Small shrimps like the Amano, Bee, Cherry or Tiger shrimp are ideal.
- Dwarf African Frogs - These cute frogs remain less than 2.5" long and are easy to keep.
- Neon tetras - Colourful small mid water fish.
- Glow light tetra - Colourful small mid water fish.
- Cardinal tetras - Colourful small mid water fish.
- Corys - Bottom feeders that bother no one. Lots of species to choose from.
- Dwarf Otos - These small fish love eating algae.